Friday 3 October 2014

Another pocketed easy drawstring skirt

The pockets get mentioned first because they are what make these little, simple skirts into sweet little skirts
I used Melly Sews easy skirt tutorial with a few changes as last time ( see my first version here). Hmm, yes rather similar as the first skirt as I had more of this pink cord waiting to be used. I absolutely love this contrast fabric on the pockets - spring scrapbook from Cloud 9's shape of spring collection in petal pink - purchased on a fun pop to fabric rehab with a friend. I've ordered from fabric rehab many a time but hadn't made it to their shop. What a mistake as it's so close! Never let me moan about lack of exciting fabric shops near-ish by.

I picture this certainly as an autumnal and winter skirt, worn with grey wool cable tights, knitted jumper and a pair of snug boots. I think there are patterns I would rather use for a lighter weight skirt but I do like this one for cord.

Lovingly parcelled up with a Charlie and Lola book for a soon to be four year old. Happy birthday, Isabel!

No comments:

Post a Comment