Monday 25 August 2014

A summery skirt

The simplest of summer skirts... the width of the fabric joined with a french seam, an elasticated waist and a cheery strip added at the bottom. I used two lengths of skinnier elastic at the waist because I like the look, and the yellow band was added as the ribbon hem in (the free!) Lazy Days Skirt from Oliver+S

The dreamy fabric is Bartholomeows reef deep water with a Kona cotton solid, probably lemon, used as the trim. These fabrics are beautifully soft. Both from the ever so lovely Sew and Quilt. Oh so happily for online ordering this landed on my doormat in its pretty pink packaging amazingly quickly, as usual. No waiting around for the postie for days and days. And oh I want a skirt like this!
Happy birthday, Molly! Hope you are having fun being six...

And those few paragraphs seem to be all I can manage these summer holidays! This summer has sped by, far quicker than any other holiday. We have had a fun time doing things, seeing friends, a holiday in Devon, and gentle days. I thought I would find lots of crochet time - this was to be the summer of the hexie blanket - and I have taken it to most places where it has languished in its bag. Devon was cold (with hail) so the perfect place for some crochet where I could bury myself under the blanket in progress but a little P kept returning to the beach shelter as he was chilly and we spent most of the holiday playing top trumps and Uno (thank you Linda and Ems!)
How are you spending the bank holiday? Patch has already dragged out game of life, recently discovered in a charity shop, and I have plans to fill the wardrobe built yesterday. This is the start of my sewing room (how grand) redecorate... so far I've painted the wall the wardrobe is in front of. And that is all. So three more walls and wallpapering to go! This is one of those wardrobes that is miraculously going to solve all of our household clutter, and yet I seem to have filled much of it and we still have clutter. Hmmm. Happy bank holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment