Tuesday 10 September 2013

A summery deck chair

Oh my, thought I should show this today before it becomes too autumnal to look at such sunny things


I do so wish I had straightened the fabric before taking the photo, but really do not feel like doing battle with the shed on this rainy and windy chilly day. So this photo shall have to do.

This is actually an old make that has been so well used by Patch that the fabric has faded...The deck chair frame came from the ELC sale a few years ago and I had intended to paint it but was persuaded by Mr R to leave in its original state - he mentioned flaky paint around the moving parts but I think that would have just added to its charm. So yes, I do wish I had painted it. The fabric sling is a Cath Kidston print simply made with a channel at either end for the poles to slide through. Patch was quite small when I made this so I didn't feel the need to use double thickness fabric though I will next time. Because I am already planning the next time! I have saved a full size deck chair frame from my parent's shed which is already painted a delightful shade of blue and Patch has requested more planes, possibly backed with a dotty fabric like the dreamy Danny Deckchair made by Yvonne from the lovely Yvestown blog. Or maybe a blousy floral so Patch and I can share the deck chair, changing the sling around as we fancy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss this? It's so sweet love the fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This past week has been too chilly to do the larger deckchair... it may now be a next spring make!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! This past week has been too chilly to do the larger deckchair... it may now be a next spring make!

    ReplyDelete